Citizen advisory committees and groups are intended to encourage civic engagement in the Pinecrest community. All meetings of the advisory groups are open to the public. A schedule of upcoming meetings is available on the Calendar page.
- The Education Advisory Council (EAC) meets under the leadership of Mayor Cindy Lerner and provides a forum for discussion, problem solving and seeking creative opportunities and resources to support and enhance the area public schools. The principals of the five area public schools attend the meetings.
- The Community Center Advisory Committee (CCAC) was established by the Village Council with the adoption of Resolution 2013-36. The CCAC provides a forum for Village residents to discuss how the Pinecrest Community Center can best meet the needs and wishes of residents.
- The Pinecrest Gardens Advisory Committee (PGAC) was established by the Village Council with the adoption of Resolution 2013-38. The PGAC is charged with making recommendations relating to educational, cultural and volunteer opportunities designed to support the historic Pinecrest Gardens. The committee also reviews the botanical master plan.
- The Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC) was established by the Village Council with the adoption of Resolution 2013-37. The TAC addresses transportation and transit issues that impact the Village, including local roadway problems, planning, transportation infrastructure, parking, traffic calming, bicycling issues, pedestrian issues including sidewalk planning and priorities, and creating pedestrian friendly areas.
- The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) was established by the Village Council with the adoption of Resolution 2009-48 (as amended by Resolution 2012-46). The YAC evaluates and reviews issues facing the youth of Pinecrest. The 20-member group is comprised of students in grades 6-12 from area schools. The group performs at least one community service project per academic year.